Menu Close

Blog post from March 2nd, 2021

Bridging aid for Corona: Ask your tax advisor


The corona crisis has had a negative impact on many companies. However, there is also good news: Companies damaged by Corona can benefit from several subsidies. Only tax advisors, auditors, sworn accountants and lawyers can submit the corresponding application.
Here you can find out important information about bridging assistance.

How can you apply for bridging aid for Corona?

Both companies and freelancers from all sectors can apply for bridging aid. It is important that you were not in financial difficulty on December 31, 2019. The request must be submitted by a tax advisor, auditor, sworn accountant or lawyer. First, an application for bridging aid is submitted, whereby the decline in sales for the months to be supported must be proven. How much you receive depends on the decline in sales. 

What is to be considered? 

If you experienced losses of at least 30 % between November 2020 and June 2021, you can Bridging aid III apply for. Depending on the decline in sales, you are entitled to a payment of 40, 60 or 90 %. The deadline to submit an application for bridging aid III expires on August 31st. If you had high Corona-related sales losses between April and August 2020 or in the funding period from September to December 2020, you can Bridging aid II apply for. The deadline is March 31, 2021. You may also be able to request financial help for losses in November and December. The application deadline ends on April 30, 2021. 

What tax advisor costs should you expect?

The tax advisor costs depend on the amount of the funding. For a sum of up to 10,000 euros, costs of 1,500 euros apply. If you are entitled to a funding amount of 20,000 euros, you pay 2,000 euros. For sums of up to 50,000 euros, you have to expect costs of 2,500 euros; for funding amounts of 100,000 euros or more, you pay 3,500 euros. 

Do you have to pay back the grants?

The grant does not have to be repaid. However, if it turns out that you ended up receiving more money than you were entitled to, you will have to pay back the excess. Plus, you can't just stop doing business and still apply for financial help. This means: Anyone who permanently ceases their business activities before August 31, 2020 is not entitled to Corona aid.

Latest posts

Product updates March and April


The path to paperless accounting with sevDesk and GetMyInvoices 


Product updates in January and February


Product updates in November


Product updates in October